Firm’s service ethos extends to mortgage lenders as well
The same commitment to communication, details and deadlines that we bring to residential and commercial real estate clients characterizes our service to major national and regional mortgage originators as well. From strong technological capabilities to responsible representation at the point of transaction, Wexler & Kaufman, PLLC consummates real estate financings of varying complexities.
We serve both residential and commercial mortgage lenders in such matters as:
- Salability projections
- Collateral exchanges and payoffs
- Title curing
- First mortgages (conventional and jumbos)
- Apartment loans
- Federal housing administration loans
- State of New York mortgage agency loans
- Home equity loans
- Realty-anchored business loans
For lenders’ convenience, our service-level agreements include negotiable expanded operating hours.
Providing impeccable representation in all residential and commercial mortgage lending matters
In residential real estate, where we have completed some 2,000 transactions during the past 2 years, our mortgage lending clients include, among others, Wells Fargo, Citibank, TD Bank, Citizens Bank, Gibraltar Bank, and Guardhill Financial
Our capabilities as your transaction settlement agent include:
- Document review
- Title and survey review
- Commitment and engagement letters
- Correspondence with title companies and buyers’ and sellers’ attorneys
- Preparation and review of closing documents, including HUD 1 settlement statements
- Representation at closing
The firm’s technology gives our closing coordinators immediate access to loan data and the ability to provide clients with customized tracking reports. We also represent lenders in borrower payoffs, preparing the payoff letter and satisfaction of mortgage (or in the case of co-ops, UCC).
In commercial real estate, we represent borrowers and lenders in arranging and closing construction, term, permanent and mezzanine loans, including commercial mortgage loans intended for securitization, syndication or other secondary market conduit programs.
Transacting with up-to-date regulatory counsel
Wexler & Kaufman, PLLC conducts all lending transactions in accordance with federal laws, such as the following:
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA)
- Truth in Lending Act (TILA)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA)
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA)
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
- Fair Housing Act
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
We are available to provide lenders with counsel on these federal laws as well as New York and New Jersey state laws and regulations.
Wexler & Kaufman, PLLC understands that good lending business begins with sound regulatory compliance and timely and accurate execution. But we also understand the importance of the client experience as it relates to your good name and continued prosperity. To learn more about how our law firm will represent your business as if it were our own, call us at 646-561-4758 or contact us online today.